Are you an existing foster carer and are interested in transferring from an agency / LA to us?
Foster carers have a right to transfer to any agency they wish, so we will be happy if you are considering Shining Stars Fostering Agency and will offer you full support and guidance throughout the process.
Your right to transfer
There are many reasons to foster with Shining Stars Fostering Agency. We are a dynamic, young and supportive agency offering a generous package, a professional and friendly team for 24/7 support and other benefits that includes your professional development as a foster carer.
Foster carers have a right to transfer to any agency they wish, so we will be happy if you are considering Shining Stars Fostering Agency and will offer you full support and guidance throughout the process. We follow the Fostering Network’s Transfer of protocol for the transfer of foster carers between agencies and local authorities. If you want to read/access the Fostering Network’s guidance on transferring agencies, please go to the Fostering Network’s website or alternatively please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist you with your query.
Our Foster Carers benefit from the following:
- Regular structured supervision from our qualified social worker.
- Frequent visits (4 or more if required) from your Supervising Social Worker.
- 24/7 support from local staff who get to know you, your family and the young people you are looking after.
- A regular programme of training with each foster carer having their own individual training development plan.
- Trainings based on the ‘Secure Based Model’
- Regular foster carer support meetings
- Individual membership to Fostering Network.
- Access to additional resources to support any child and you in placement including therapy.
- Support from supervising social worker in obtaining and sustaining education provision.
- Fostering allowance starting from £425.00 a week
- Regular Social events including exciting days out, family fun days, festive parties throughout the year
How to transfer to us?
Transferring to us means going through the same process you went through when you first became a foster carer. However, since you are already a foster carer, your application will be fast-tracked and the process will be faster and simpler.
Shining Stars will work with you, your current agency and local authority to make sure everyone is working together and that any children or young people placed with you are also well supported during the move.
What do I do next?
If you are considering to join the Shining Stars family, please get in touch with us about more information and the transfer process.
We are currently recruiting foster carers across all the London Boroughs and the surrounding counties. Please go through the website and contact us to register an interest in fostering.
Foster in your area
Register your interest
SSFA has a range Policies and Procedures concerning Social Work Practice, HR and Finance which are used to guide staff and for tendering and commissioning purposes. If any of the issues that are not covered please do contact your supervising social worker or our registered manager who will guide you to the appropriate policy. Shining Stars Fostering Agency Tri-X policies