Source: BBC News
Latest update on new restrictions
A series of new restrictions to try to stop the spread of coronavirus in England have been announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
And extra measures, including a ban on visiting other people’s homes, will be imposed across Scotland, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said.
What are the latest changes in England?
Boris Johnson said the new measures would probably stay in place for the next six months.
- Pubs, bars and restaurants to close at 22:00 BST
- They will also be restricted to table service only
- People should work from home wherever possible
- Face masks compulsory for bar staff and non-seated customers, shop workers and waiters
- Limit on guests at weddings reduced from 30 to 15
- Plans to allow fans to return to sporting events paused
- “Rule of six” now applies to indoor team sports
- Fines for not wearing masks or following rules increased to £200 for first offence
Help control the virus
To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face – wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces
- make space – stay at least a metre away from people not in your household
If you are feeling unwell, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days.
Government updates on Coronavirus: www.gov.uk/coronavirus