Shining Stars Fostering Agency – Local Authority
This document sets out the Statement of Purpose of Shining Stars Fostering Agency, an independent Fostering Provider whose office is based in Croydon in South London and has been developed in accordance with appropriate statute law and regulations, including:
- The Children Act 1989 (and its later amendments including CA 2004) Guidance and Regulations Volume 4: Fostering Services
- National Minimum Standards Fostering Services (2011)
- The Fostering Service Regulations ( 2002 and 2011)
- The Children Act 2000
- UK ratification of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- The Care Standards Act (2000)
- The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review and Fostering Services (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2013.
Join Us For a Shining Future
Why Shining Stars?
Shining Stars Fostering Agency’s Statement of Purpose provides a range of information, which is intended for a wider audience including:
- Children and young people who are placed with our foster carers
- The agency’s staff and consultants
- Foster carers and prospective foster carers
- Local Authorities and Children’s Trusts, who place, or are considering placing with Shining Stars Fostering Agency
- Colleagues from other social care agencies
- Health and educational establishments
- Any parent or guardian of any child placed with the fostering service
- The general public
In addition, Shining Stars Fostering provides children and young people with a welcome guide which is written and presented in an age appropriate way to reflect their level of understanding. We hope that the information detailed will illustrate our commitment to provide outstanding and sustainable placements for children in care.
The Statement of Purpose is reviewed and updated annually by Shining Stars Management Team.
GET IN TOUCH NOW
Fostering Agency in London