Shining Stars Fostering Agency is unique in providing training on ‘Secure Base Model’ to all our prospective foster carers as a part of the assessment process. This will enable the prospective foster carers to have a clear understanding of the skills and capacities associated with offering care as a part of family life in foster care right from the time a placement begins. The five inter-related dimensions of high quality foster care as follows:
- Availability – helping children and young people to trust.
- Sensitivity – helping children and young people to manage feelings and behaviour.
- Acceptance – building the self-esteem of children and young people.
- Co-operation – helping children and young people to feel effective.
- Family membership – helping young people to belong, both to their foster family and also to make sense of their relationship to their birth family.