In addition, Shining Stars Fostering provides children and young people with a welcome guide which is written and presented in an age appropriate way to reflect their level of understanding. We hope that the information detailed will illustrate our commitment to provide outstanding and sustainable placements for children in care.
This document sets out the Statement of Purpose of Shining Stars Fostering Agency, an independent Fostering Provider whose office is based in Croydon in South London and has been developed in accordance with appropriate statute law and regulations, including:
- The Children Act 1989 (and its later amendments including CA 2004) Guidance and Regulations Volume 4: Fostering Services
- National Minimum Standards Fostering Services (2011)
- The Fostering Service Regulations ( 2002 and 2011)
- The Children Act 2000
- UK ratification of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- The Care Standards Act (2000)
- The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review and Fostering Services (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2013.
The Statement of Purpose is reviewed and updated annually by Shining Stars Management Team.
Please click to read the full document